It’s amazing how just five minutes ago our hearts leaped with great joy but we got hit with bad news fifteen minutes later and naturally we are geared towards dwelling on the bad. Allowing that to change the entire aura around us.
Five minutes ago we offered ceaseless thanks and fifteen later we blamed him.
And so David, knowing so well how forgetful the soul can get says in
Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits—
Even as the year ends I know there might be some of us who haven’t yet seen what we hoped for in 2017 and are allowing that to swallow the happiness due us.
I’m gonna mention 12 things but not as though I can count the blessings of God in my life for they are innumerable. I’m just using 12 to represent the number of months in a year.
There is always a reason to be happy, find that and be thankful even amidst the storms.
The Lord has been good and I will not forget all his benefits. So here is my list…
1. First off, I’m thankful for the gift of life.
2. I thank God for tolerating all my nonsense and stubbornness. God’s deep Love awes me, in that I falter every now and then but He still shows me mercy and covers me with His love.
3. I’m thankful for family, family is everything you know. Thank God for family, it’s a beautiful thing!
4. I thank God also for the beautiful people He drew me closer to especially my church mate and Abi (you know yourself).
5. I’m thankful for good health…His love and blood covered me so well I never stepped into the hospital.
6. I’m thankful for my Job and an understanding Boss.
7. I’m thankful for the people God gave me to shepherd one way or the other. Thankful to God for counting me worthy to even use me to impact lives.
8. I’m thankful for all the people that support my ministry, I’m thankful for the voices behind the voice.
9. I’m thankful for you, yes you reading this. May the good Lord be good unto you!
10. I’m thankful for the wisdom of God, leading and directing me through thick and thin.
11. I’m thankful for the lives of the men/women of God in my life. Thankful for all the Ministeries I’m a part of.
12. And finally… I’m thankful for the life of my future husband, I’m thankful for the fact that he is all I need in a husband.
There you have it.
How about you? Care to share? I’d be glad and I know many others will be too. What are you thankful for in 2017?